DIRECTOR OF TENANT HAPPINESS
Ethos Developments are led by brother-sister team who are passionate about designing and constructing beautiful and comfortable homes. Ethos prides itself on designing and providing clean, modern and high-end accommodations that bring luxurious yet affordable homes to tenants. The Ethos culture aims to provide superior accommodations and customer service (management) to tenants.
Ethos Developments is currently seeking a dedicated Director of Tenant Happiness to join the team and provide exceptional and a first-class experience for existing and future tenants. This position calls for someone who is professional, personable, enthusiastic, internally motivated, and hard-working. The ideal candidate has sales and/or leasing experience. The Director of Tenant Happiness (DTH) will be the point of contact for all current and potential tenants. The Director of Tenant Happiness will be an influential part of the team responsible for marketing, showing, and leasing the residential portfolio of homes and apartments.
• Effectively advertise rental units, schedule showings, meet with potential tenants and complete character, guarantor and employment reference checks to validate tenant applications in order to ensure a continued 0-1% vacancy record.
• Manage all current long-term tenants.
• Manage all building maintenance repairs and requests
• Manage incoming tenant payments.
• Manage all move-in and move-out schedules.
• Become an expert in using Tenant Turner and Buildium property management software.
• Create property budgets, tracking against them on a monthly basis.
• Manage all other property and tenant needs;
• Conduct quarterly property inspections.
• Keep rental advertisements up to date with current pricing, availability and included amenities/utilities.
• Using RentSync as the backend CRM, maintain the website listings and lead generation systems.
• Review maintenance and repair expenses, pay vendors and contractors and track and enter expenses.
• Keep property and tenant records accurate and up to date;
• College or University Degree in Business Administration, or Marketing; OR
• Property Management or Rental Administration, or Real Estate Sale experience with a minimum of three (3) full years of recent work experience in a similar role; OR
• Business Development experience, in real estate or rental property management.
• Great customer service and problem solving
• In-depth knowledge of Microsoft, Google Office, Kijiji, Facebook Marketplace;
• Ability to perform several tasks concurrently and the ability to demonstrate flexibility under competing time requirements and changing deadlines;
• Solutions oriented self-starter who thrives in an environment where he/she can be equally successful working independently or in a team environment;
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with tenants, vendors and maintenance staff in person, on the telephone, and in writing while demonstrating a friendly and professional demeanour;
• Must be the first point of contact and deal with difficult tenants & situations.
• Must have a vehicle and valid driver's license, and be accessible for emergencies.
Hours: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $55,000-$60,000 per year
Location: Ottawa, ON - Work from home optional