Manager OF TENANT HAPPINESS
Ethos Developments are led by brother-sister team who are passionate about designing and constructing beautiful and comfortable homes. Ethos prides itself on designing and providing clean, modern and high-end accommodations that bring luxurious yet affordable homes to tenants. The Ethos culture aims to provide superior accommodations and customer service (management) to tenants.
Ethos Developments is currently seeking a dedicated Manager of Tenant Happiness to join the team and provide exceptional and a first-class experience for existing and future tenants. This position calls for someone who is professional, personable, enthusiastic, internally motivated, and hard-working. The ideal candidate has sales and/or leasing experience. The Manager of Tenant Happiness will be an influential part of the team responsible for marketing, showing, and leasing the residential portfolio of homes and apartments.
• Effectively advertise rental units, schedule showings, meet with potential tenants and complete character, guarantor and employment reference checks to validate tenant applications in order to ensure a continued 0-1% vacancy record.
• Manage all current long-term tenants.
• Manage all building maintenance repairs and requests
• Manage incoming tenant payments.
• Manage all move-in and move-out schedules.
• Become an expert in using Tenant Turner and Buildium property management software.
• Create property budgets, tracking against them on a monthly basis.
• Manage all other property and tenant needs;
• Conduct quarterly property inspections.
• Keep rental advertisements up to date with current pricing, availability and included amenities/utilities.
• Using RentSync as the backend CRM, maintain the website listings and lead generation systems.
• Review maintenance and repair expenses, pay vendors and contractors and track and enter expenses.
• Keep property and tenant records accurate and up to date;
• College or University Degree in Business Administration, or Marketing; OR
• Property Management or Rental Administration, or Real Estate Sale experience with a minimum of three (1) full years of recent work experience in a similar role; OR
• Business Development experience, in real estate or rental property management.
• Great customer service and problem solving
• In-depth knowledge of Microsoft, Google Office, Kijiji, Facebook Marketplace;
• Ability to perform several tasks concurrently and the ability to demonstrate flexibility under competing time requirements and changing deadlines;
• Solutions oriented self-starter who thrives in an environment where he/she can be equally successful working independently or in a team environment;
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with tenants, vendors and maintenance staff in person, on the telephone, and in writing while demonstrating a friendly and professional demeanour;
• Must be the first point of contact and deal with difficult tenants & situations.
• Must have a vehicle and valid driver's license, and be accessible for emergencies.
Hours: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $40,000-$50,000 per year
Location: Ottawa, ON - Work from home optional